Thursday, July 14, 2005

Happy Birthday to you

Since I was not able to write any new good article so I thought of psting a poem which I wrote some time back.
Personally I don't like it too much but I posted it just for the sake of posting something :D.

Happy Birthday to you

I wish ...
Happy Birthday to you.
But I don’t have anyone now,
To say,” Same to you.”

In this solitude,
You made me to think.
That when you were with me,
I didn’t have time even to wink.

I remember those matches,
Those cricket singles,
And in the evening after that,
Sweet cookies of Mrs. Pringle.

And that sand castles on the beach,
Which we used to make.
For it on holidays,
Early we had to wake.

Bunking of classes,
Was my favourite sport.
And to do that,
I was fully dependent on your support.

I have not forgotten your favourite spot,
It was balcony of floor seven.
About which you always told me,
“There I really feel like being in heaven.”

And how can I forget,
Those envious boys,
Who always used to say,
That our friendship was a toy.

And...I also remember,
That black day.
I don’t know what happened,
You left me away!

Now I am alone,
Celebrating our birthday.
Now I can’t get back those days,
Those matches, cookies and castles.

You believed in God,
I did not.
I ask you God…
On whom my friend believed so much.
“Where you envious of our friendship?”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home